HomebrewDB does not collect or transmit any user’s personally identifiable information. No personal information is stored, secured or disclosed by the app or services this application works with.
Limited technical information may be sent (such as IP addresses included in the HTTP calls the application makes) but none of that is used or stored.
A small set of non-identifiable information is sent to one or more of the organisations below for statistical information about app usage, device type and capabilities. Statistical service providers:
- Microsoft Azure
Report violations or get more information
If you would like to report any violations of this policy or get more information on any app, please contact us using the contact form.
August 4th is not responsible for the content or consequences of any equipment, magical items, or monsters that are stored, saved, or unleashed upon an adventuring party through this app. If you, as the Game Master or Player Character, betray your own moral standing within your TTRPG game while using this app, you owe me 2d6 + 3 cookies.
The Longer Form Policy
Privacy & EULA – HomebrewDB
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR “HomebrewDB” SET. IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS SOFTWARE INSTALL: August 4th’s End-User License Agreement (\”EULA\”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and August 4th. for the August 4th product(s) identified above which may include associated software components, media, printed materials, and \”online\” or electronic documentation (\”HomebrewDB\”). By installing, copying, or otherwise using HomebrewDB, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. This license agreement represents the entire agreement concerning the program between you and August 4th, (referred to as \”licenser\”), and it supersedes any prior proposal, representation, or understanding between the parties. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use HomebrewDB. HomebrewDB is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. HomebrewDB is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. HomebrewDB is licensed as follows: (a)Installation and Use. August 4th grants you the right to install and use copies of HomebrewDB on your computer running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which HomebrewDB was designed [e.g., Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows Vista]. (b)Backup Copies. You may also make copies of HomebrewDB as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS. (a)Maintenance of Copyright Notices.You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on any and all copies of HomebrewDB. (b)Distribution.You may not distribute registered copies of HomebrewDB to third parties. Evaluation versions available for download from August 4th’s websites may be freely distributed. (c)Prohibition on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly.You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble HomebrewDB, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. (d)Rental.You may not rent, lease, or lend HomebrewDB. (e)Support Services.August 4th may provide you with support services related to HomebrewDB (\”Support Services\”). Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of HomebrewDB and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. (f)Compliance with Applicable Laws.You must comply with all applicable laws regarding use of HomebrewDB.
3. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, August 4th may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of HomebrewDB in your possession.
4. COPYRIGHT. All title, including but not limited to copyrights, in and to HomebrewDB and any copies thereof are owned by August 4th or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of HomebrewDB is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by August 4th.
5. NO WARRANTIES. August 4th expressly disclaims any warranty for HomebrewDB. HomebrewDB is provided ‘As Is’ without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, noninfringement, or fitness of a particular purpose. August 4th does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within HomebrewDB. August 4th makes no warranties respecting any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, logic bomb, or other such computer program. August 4th further expressly disclaims any warranty or representation to Authorized Users or to any third party.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. In no event shall August 4th be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of ‘Authorized Users’ use of or inability to use HomebrewDB, even if August 4th has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will August 4th be liable for loss of data or for indirect, special, incidental, consequential(including lost profit), or other damages based in contract, tort or otherwise. August 4th shall have no liability with respect to the content of HomebrewDB or any part thereof, including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, infringements of rights of publicity, privacy, trademark rights, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, moral rights or the disclosure of confidential information.
7. PRIVACY. HomebrewDB allows you to store personal information. August 4th is not responsible for lost or stolen data by using this app. By installing the app you authorize HomebrewDB to capture file paths you specify. This data is kept in the app’s local data store and is not transmitted, sent, or shared with anyone or to anywhere else. We will never sell your data. We may collect non personal data realted to your interaction with the app and any connected services. This information is secured using industry-standard security technology using the Microsoft Azure platform.